Tuesday 20 September 2011

The Trends - New York SS 2012

Well, I didn't get to go to New York for the fashion show, but I got to watch it on Youtube. There was a lot to take in. A quick note to fashion followers, Charlotte Ronson, J. Mendel and BCBG Max Azria collections tells not to throw away your last session frocks just yet. Colour blocking, Sheer fabrics, tie-die are here to stay for a little while. So store them safe for next summer. 

Just like Christian Louboutin heels with red soles, Nicole Miller created a couple of pieces with visible contrasting underlay colour. I like the monochromes, blue with green and white with yellow from her collection. Also, BCBG Max Azria created a black/yellow dress.  This is a trend that personally I would consider to follow if it’ll hit high street.  

I can see Badgley Mischka designs are sold in Karen Millen, only with a higher price tag.  What a relief for us with lighter busts because just like block colours, bows and frills are here to stay. Nude is another colour which is here to stay, and mixing nude fabrics with gold belt? Fab!!
Body con collection from Hervé Léger was exciting to watch. The whole collection is supper sexy! I loved the optical elusion; you are guaranteed to have a tiny waist in an instant. Well, that does not mean we should eating doughnuts. 

The use of delicate, floaty fabrics has made Luca Luca collection so sensual and feminine. He understands woman’s form so well. This guy’s designs are sensual and sexy. I could wear all of his designs except for the colourful trousers. That is one trend for not faint hearted people. However, you have to remember, when you wear crazy colour assemble outfit, tune down the colours for make-up.  

Perry Ellis made me glued on the screen because of the “oohhh so good looking male models”; but it has to be said, his choice of fabric is excellent! It makes me wonder if those white see through trouser for men are going to be the next thing in the shops, because it is about time men wear sheer. This will only work with beautiful bodied men though, not everyone will be able to pull the look. 

I’ve just seen Sleek’s concentrated lipstick in blue yesterday, but I opted for a bright purple instead. That’s just made me wonder, do you think fashion followers will wear the colour blocking skirts over trousers or blue lipstick like in Richard Chai’s show?
This is one for the linguists, what will you call a jacket that has no back? Like the funky in Nicholas K. Collection.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would call it sleeves as it doesn't have a back ;P My dear you don't even know how far from sensual and sexy I'm right now :) miss you even when you talk fashion ;P

Backless topslee... there you go, a new word invented- that's why I love languages! I'm so glad I'm not a fashion freak :)

This came from my good friend/ex-colleague/client Justyna Skowrońska